[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
www.cellguru.net • View topic - metroPCS launches in Boston area

metroPCS launches in Boston area

Discuss Coverage and new Buildouts

metroPCS launches in Boston area

Postby Edward » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:47 pm

metroPCS has launched service in the Boston area. In the immediate Boston area and northern suburbs, they currently have four metroPCS company retail locations: Lynn, Cambridge, Dorchester and Lawrence, with many other affiliated locations in the area.

I'll bet Cellguru can't wait to get his new phone. :mrgreen:
Edward

Re: metroPCS launches in Boston area

Postby dmarkson » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:36 pm

So they did go live last week.

If someone tells me which phones I can do field test on I will get one. I don't really feel like going to downtown Manchester to see what they have and have the sales dood over my shoulder while I try field test codes, lol.
dmarkson
Site Admin

Postby Edward » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:46 pm

I wasn't able to determine if Manchester is as far north as native coverage will go, the web site kept crashing when I tried to retrieve a map, although I checked Hampton and the map came up with no coverage. But their national map indicates coverage across almost all of New Hampshire, the last posted for metroPCS, shows it could roam on Verizon and (what was) Alltel.
Edward

Postby offthegrid » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 pm

They have a finger of coverage into NH that ends just north of Manchester.

The new coverage maps runs a very slow script that locked up Firefox on me but Chrome does well with it.

For strictly voice and text I don't see this being competitive with Boost for anyone that drives a car. They have though covered almost completely the MBTA and T routes with the exception of the the Kingston line so that demographic will love this with faster data and better phones.

D their cheapest phones are $80, 2 Nokia/Pantechs the 1606 flip and 1006 bluetooth candybar, the Kyocera Melo candybar and the Huawei M328 flip
offthegrid

Return to Signal Reports